Quebec is found in eastern Canada where French is that the most ordinary speech. It is steeped in rich European culture and history with vibrant cities like Montreal and Quebec, the capital, which is where most of the people tend to call home once they immigrate to Quebec, Canada. Quebec features a fantastic education system also as a stable economy. Quebec is excelling predominantly in aerospace, information and communications technologies, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical sectors.
It has rich European Culture and History and has big cities like Montreal. Quebec features a Good education system also as a stable economy, excelling predominantly in Aerospace, Information and Communications Technologies, Biotechnology, and Pharmaceutical Sectors.
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program will allow you to immigrate to Quebec Canada if you meet certain selection criteria such as your education, work experience, age, language skills in French and English, number of dependants as well as your ability to support yourself and your dependents financially.
Who Can Apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program?
You must apply to the government of Quebec for a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec) The certificate is proof that Quebec has accepted you as an immigrant Create an online Arrima profile and express interest in the province. If Quebec chooses you, you can then apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence.
This program allows foreign students or skilled temporary workers, with an intermediate skill level in French, to apply for permanent residence in Quebec, Canada.
If you wish to immigrate to Quebec, Canada under the Quebec Experience Class (PEQ) you can do so under one of the following categories:
- Quebec Graduate – if you have a qualification from an eligible Quebec institution and have at least 12 to 18 months (depending on your study program) work experience in Quebec; or
- Skilled Temporary Worker – if you currently have a skilled job in Quebec, Canada for at least 24 months of the last 36 months.
- Intent to measure and add Quebec.
- Does not require a job offer
- One applicant must score a minimum of 50 points supported the standards. An applicant with a spouse or common-law partner must score a minimum of 59 points.
- English language requirement of CLB 5 reading and writing CLB 9 listening and speaking
- Eligible candidates must submit an expression of interest (EOI) to the web ARRIMA portal to be considered for this program.
- If you have a job offer you will get additional points based on the regions.
- An applicant can include their spouse, common-law partner and any dependent children on their application. Applicants must note that additional points are awarded to applicants with families (especially those with young children)
- Applicants who are successful under the Quebec Immigration selection system are issued a Quebec Selection Certificate. At that point they’ll apply for a Canadian permanent resident visa.
If you are interested in applying for permanent residence in Quebec Canada and would like to invest in, start a new or buy an existing business in the province you can choose from one of the following programs:
- Entrepreneur Program
- Investor Program
- Self-employed Program
The application intake is limited for each category and has its own application intake period as well as eligibility criteria. Applications are assessed on factors such as your age, education, language skills, financial stability, and ties to the province such as previous visits to Quebec or family members already living in the province.
There are 2 streams under this program: Stream 1 is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start and run a business in Quebec and Stream 2 is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to purchase and run a business in Quebec. There is a minimum start-up deposit of between $200,000 and $300,000 as well as a minimum of $900,000 net worth.
The investor program is for foreign investors who want to invest in a business in Quebec. You will need to agree to a five-year term investment of at least $1,200 and have at least $2,000,000 in net assets as well as at least two years of business management experience in the past 5 years.
Self Employed Worker Program
This program is for professional or business people who wish to migrate to Quebec in a self-employed position. To qualify you will need to make a deposit of at least $25,000 to $50,000 in start-up capital as well as have a minimum of $100,000 in net assets and at least two years of experience in a relevant self-employed position.