It is a visa which allows you to have a holiday stay and also allows you to work in NZ for a certain period of time from 6 months to 23 months depending on the eligibility of the country. It is not mandatory to work on this visa if you have enough financials for the duration of the stay.
- This visa is for the applicants who are between 18-30 years of age.
- The applicant must be a citizen and should hold a valid passport from the eligible countries.
- You must be from one of eligible 42 countries(Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Philippines, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UK, USA, Uruguay and Vietnam)
- One must provide a proof (air ticket) that they will leave NZ once the visa expires.
- Dependents are not allowed in this visa.
- One should have good health and good character (no criminal convictions).
- One should have a valid medical insurance for the complete duration of the stay.
- One should not have a previous New Zealand Working Holiday Visa as it is only given once in a life time.
- You must hold a valid temporary permit if you are applying from within New Zealand.
Cost of this visa: It is NZ $ 208 per person.
Processing time: It is approximately 20 working days from the date of lodgment of visa.
Funds to be shown:
- For UK, you need to show $350 per month for complete length of stay.
- For Malaysia and Singapore, you need to show $2250 for complete length of stay.
- For Thailand it is $7000 for complete length of stay.
- For all other countries, it is $4200 for complete length of stay.
What after expiry of Visa?
- This visa can be converted to other visas like student, work visa and other visas, if eligible.