The Event Visa (or) Specific Purpose Visa helps to entry of applicants whose skills, qualities or proficiency are needed for a specific purpose for the benefit to New Zealand, this Visa is for the visitors who want to work for a specific amount of time or for a specific goal.
To be eligible under this program:
- The duration of these permits must be consistent with the time required for the holder to complete the specific purpose or event.
- Visiting New Zealand for a particular period for a specific purpose or event.
- The Visitors employment in New Zealand should not harm employment opportunities for New Zealanders.
- Must have been demonstrated skills, qualities or expertise in areas relevant to that specific purpose or event.
- Provide Visa is needed for a specific time period (Presenting / Showing the funds to support yourself in New Zealand for the period of work, Example: Employment Contract/ Bank Balance or Sponsorship.
- Health and Character Criteria.
- Must be intended to leave New Zealand at the end of the work visa validity.
- Employer guaranteeing the cost of your departure or a pre booked return ticket should be presented as a proof.
Specific purpose visa categories are:
- Senior business people.
- Chief executives / senior staff of multinational Companies.
- Business investor applicants with approval in principle.
- Sports referee.
- Judges of shows, exhibitions or displays.
- A dance or music examiner.
- An installer or servicing of specialized equipment.
- Sports players or coaches.
- Entertainers, film or video crew or support personnel and performing artists.
Family: Family members cannot be included in the Specific Purpose Visa but Dependents / Partners can apply for a visit visa based on their relationship.
Cost: 495 NZ$ – online (or) paper application.
Processing Time: 36 working days – 40 working days.